Friday, April 25, 2014

Handbag and Crocheted Shawl

In the meantime, as well as trying to finish my two challenge quilts for the retreat, I have been making gifts for a few friends. The red and black handbag below is about the simplest handbag anyone could make. I call it a stitch and flip handbag. I started sewing by stretching the wide red strip across each corner  and pinning it down. From there, it's just stitch and flip on the wadding. No gussets, it's just sewn across the corners on the inside at the bottom to give it a bit of shape. There are no special catches, just a pretty button and a bit of cord. Inside are a couple of pockets for phone and keys. A couple of different sized Suffolk puffs provide the decorations. I'll post a similar one I made at Xmas in Georgia. They look very different but are basically the same style.

It's always nice to have busy fingers when you are watching TV. This triangular shawl is a very simple one, just trebles with a pretty picot edge. It will keep my friend's shoulders warm when she is in hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment