Saturday, May 18, 2019

Willow's Quilt 2018-2019

I promised my great-niece, Willow a quilt when she came to visit from Queensland. She chose a range of fabrics that she liked from my stash and they were used in this quilt. She clearly adores it and her Mother says she won't sleep without it. Spending many hours making a quilt is worth it when it is appreciated as much as this one is.
 The quilt was a panel from Logans with sweet little girl figures on it in oldfashioned clothes. I interspersed those blocks with matching ninepatches which repeated some of the colours in the dominant blocks. It was great fun and easy to do. The striped sasshing was an accidental stroke of brilliance. I really think it highlighted those dominant blocks.

This last photo was taken when Willow was not well. Her mother says she insisted on having it over her. What a sweetie.

No comments:

Post a Comment