Saturday, August 29, 2020

Evan's Quilt August 2020 (A Covid Quilt)

 This is a baby quilt for a new baby. The brief was "cats, bugs and blue". It was a great opportunity to use my extensive collection of cat fabrics and was really a fun quilt to do. I've put up a photo of the whole quilt and a selection of closeups so you get the idea. The binding was done by piecing together scraps of leftover fabrics. It's one of my favourite ways of doing the binding and really doesn't take much longer to do than using one fabric.

Above: A secret applique for a child to find. Of course it had to be glued and then sewn on VERY firmly.
Embroidered label: luckily I knew Bubby's name
Above: a shot of the label with back fabric
Above: closeup of bugs and cats
Above: another closeup of bugs and cats
Above: closeup with partial shot of my foot!
Above: the whole quilt. I chose a very simple pattern because I am not fond of overly complex pieced quilts. This pattern was a free one from the internet called "Zoo Dwellers" and had many quite large blocks to highlight the beautiful fabrics and enable me to use some of my bigger prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment