Sunday, August 4, 2013

Another Baby Quilt

Yes I do realise I haven't posted much lately. It's mainly because I have been so busy helping out with the family since baby Jarvis was born. My days are taken up with pick ups and dropoffs for the older kids. School, footy practice, music lessons etc -  all have to be dealt with. In addition I've been doing a lot of cooking. My flat is a mess and I've done very little sewing. BUT (never start a sentence with "But") I have managed to finish a quilt for a baby girl.

This quilt has been done with vintage fabrics given to me. They used to belong to an old lady who "dressed dolls" in the 50s and 60s so the prints are mostly very small ones. They make a charming baby quilt don't you think? It's been done once again in my favourite post and rail block, mainly because I thought the size of the strips (2 1/2 " X 6 1/2 ") suited the sizes of the small prints.


What do you think? My usual inclination is to choose bright clear colours for children's quilts. It was a challenge for me to use pale colours. These are much more muted and subtle but I still like them very much.

1 comment:

  1. it is beautiful, sweet and very girl-y and not so pastel. that bright pink jumps out at you. the fabrics are patterns my Mom would have used.

    ReplyDelete